Thursday, October 7, 2010

Week 13 - I've Almost Made It Out Alive

Sooooo, this is a post that I fell asleep in middle of writing up a couple days ago and didn't get back to until today. Because I am awesome! Enjoy...

Just one more day and I'll be DONE with my first trimester. It's gone by so fast! Though I guess it helps that the first 5 weeks were secret, so really 8 weeks. With 6 Weeks of Nausea. Oh yes, I will certainly be holding that against you, Little One, when you ask why I'm being so mean to you and not letting you do anything. Because you were mean to me first! Luckily that's pretty much done, even when I'm getting hungry. I won't consider it over though until I can be in the car for more than half an hour without getting nauseous. Which is fun when getting to work generally takes 35-45 minutes.

Results of my last doctor's visit: apparently the random pains and twinges I've been having low on my abdomen are Round Ligament Pains. I totally thought that was something I would feel at my sides, rather than on either side of my uterus. Guess we'll see what else I was wrong about... apparently giving birth is not in fact a walk in the park either. I FEEL MISLED PEOPLE. next someone is going to tell me that fireflies are real. (oh wait, that's just what I thought before visiting the east coast. seeing as California is pretty much too cold in the evenings for them, I never saw them and thought they were something like jackelopes. Also, I was pretty gullible as a kid, so this is even more ridiculous than it sounds.) Also, I get to have a flu shot. BOOOO. no fun. and then I get to do my glucose testing at my next appointment (a tad early, I'm at risk because of the PCOS and my mom's history of gestational diabetes with my brother) so I get a day off from work. YAY. despite the nasty stuff I'll have to drink and the blood tests.

I tried Prenatal Yoga today. It was fine until I either pinched my sciatic nerve or put too much pressure on my pelvic bursa trying to do a squat. Pain with yoga generally means STOP NOW, so of course I tried to push through it, which lasted about 2 minutes and left me really frustrated. It was so relaxing when I was just listening to/watching the DVD before trying it out, so I had really high hopes. I might try it again and just skip the parts that cause me pain, but right now I feel like a failure because really, how hard is prenatal yoga supposed to be? That's like struggling with the water aerobics class full of senior citizens (actually, I really enjoyed that class - far superior to having to do gym at my high school). side note - I am far too generous with the parentheses. I wonder what this says about me other than my tendency to get sidetracked on minor detours.

Little One is about the size of a peach now. Though definitely not as round as one. This also explains why I seem to have bulged in the last couple weeks and look quite prego indeed. Vocal chords are developing, and the head is about half the size of it's total body. Apparently it's starting to look more human-ish, which is good considering the ultrasound had me convinced that I was in fact growing an alien (the better to have a John Hurt moment with). Umm right, ultrasound pictures. They'll be up...soon-ish. But I'm going to post this now instead of falling asleep too early. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment