Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week 12 - Little One is Already Taking After Mommy and Daddy

It's late and I'm fairly tired, so this will be a relatively quick one. We did our ultrasounds this week. Yes plural, as in one on Monday which was scheduled, and then again on Tuesday because Little One just refused to have pictures taken. We tried for an hour and half to get a profile shot to measure the nasal bridge, but Little One refused to do anything but keep its hand in front of its face while facing the right way. The one time the hand came down, Little One turned over so the tech couldn't see anything. Fabulous. Our child will be shy or stubborn or both! But we went again the next day (this time with a Fun Size candy bar so I could pass a little sugar on and make Little One "energetic", aka hyper enough to move around more), and everything went great. Beautiful shots, and the tech thought everything looked healthy, with results in within a week or two. I'll put pictures up tomorrow.

Little One is about the size of a large plum, which is kind of hard for me to imagine because I've seen a huge range in the size of plums. However, considering last week was a lime and next week will be a peach, I'm going to say a kiwi. just because.

I'm finally feeling better, just in the last couple days. The first part of the week was rough though, I missed out getting to hear Diana Gabaldon speak on Saturday because I was so tired and queasy. I had a sinus infection on top of that, and everytime I coughed, it jostled my belly and made me nauseous. Luckily I'm over that and am getting a more regular sense of smell back. I even cooked dinner last night, which was quite a feat on it's own. I still get nauseous from driving into work, but I no longer want to die simply because I woke up in the middle of the night. Hopefully the improvement keeps up and I'll be able to do fun stuff.

I'm considering posting the evolutions of my birth plan over the next 6 months. Would anyone be interested in that, or would that just be more fun for me to look back on?

2 comments: