Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy Bloggiversary!

Okay, yes, Christmas was yesterday, but I had a wonderfully relaxing day that had only a brief time on the computer to video chat with our families and show off the belly. This is me in front of our Christmas tree wearing my favorite dressy shirt and new earrings that I picked up for myself and handed to Santa so he could put them in my stocking.


We've chosen a name: Brianna Noelle, with Bria as her nickname. I have to remind myself that she won't necessarily have red hair like Andy, but all I can imagine in my head is a little redhead with soft curls and an infectious giggle. This image is, of course, a toddler, but luckily I won't have to give birth to a toddler. A 10 pounder I could handle (or so the midwife said), but toddler, not so much.

Last night as the evening wound down, I couldn't help but think of how much had happened since last year when I took that sad walk alone with my thoughts Christmas night, dwelling on what I had hoped would happen. I had really set myself up for heartache with those expectations, but I was too unsure of what would happen to consider what might happen in the coming year. In the past year, I've had a whirlwind of testing and trying, going back and forth between disappointment and hope, until finally everything worked and now I am blessed to be healthily pregnant with a little girl. My only complaints revolve around a dirth of maternity clothes and morning sickness that left me constantly queasy. Even those aren't really issues any more, though I did have another fabulously weird/gross dream (I'm skilled like that). I know I could be up against gestational diabetes, or bedrest, or worse, knowing something was wrong with Brianna. So going into the next year, I don't think it's too much to hope for a healthy baby and some sanity while I figure out how to be the best mom I can in the life I've got. To everyone who's been part of this journey, thanks for coming along for the ride.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you nothing but health and happiness in the New Year! I can't wait to read about Brianna's arrival and to see some pictures! 2011 is going to be a great year. I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete