Thursday, August 5, 2010

Success!

Sooooo. This past weekend I was having cramps like nobody's business, to the point that my my husband was worried. We decided that it would be best if I took a pregnancy test Monday morning, just to get an idea of whether these were period cramps or not.

Knowing that it's still a little early in the two week wait to get strong results, I decide when I wake up to pee at 3 in the morning that it would be much better to test in the middle of the night instead of waiting like a normal person for when the alarm goes off. So I do the test, and a faint line shows up!! I have the bathroom light on, and wake up my husband to tell him (which he apprarently wasn't fond of me for. then he got over it.) and then I giggle and crawl back into bed and not get back to sleep.

Those cramps? Apparently Braxton-Hicks can make an appearance already. I am not amused, Little One. You had better be awfully damn cute. ;)

Even better my sister is visiting from California in 2 weeks! She's going to come with us to the first ultrasound.

So yes, April 8th. We are thrilled. My mom cried. His mom cried. And now my mom is shopping for baby clothes. Fun! For now we're really keeping it just between us and our parents. I'd love to be able to tell some of the extended family, but, well, let's just say news travels really fast. For anyone reading this that I see on a regular basis (and you know who you are), I'd appreciate keeping it hush-hush for now. I'm not quite ready to make a big announcement just yet and then (God forbid) have something go wrong. I just couldn't handle it.

So, now that we're not facing infertility anymore, I'll probably be transitioning this space to be a record of my pregnancy and make it a little more open to people who know us IRL. Bear with me as I clean some things up a bit. Like the bits about "sex is so much fun" lest my grandmas have simultaneous heart attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment